Diplomacy Matters Institute
Diplomacy Matters Institute is a 501 (c) (3), non-profit organization dedicated to generating new platforms for meaningful dialogue, educating foreign officials and U.S. citizens, empowering small businesses and entrepreneurs, and increasing economic opportunity. We concentrate on areas that benefit most from international dialogue such as: renewable energy; food and agriculture; and science and technology.
We believe in the power of person-to-person connections. Government-to-government communications must be enhanced by a modern diplomacy – one that is characterized by engagement at all levels – among citizens, businesses, entrepreneurs and NGOs. Our programs and activities are designed to foster actionable ties and encourage partnerships for small to medium enterprises (SMEs), especially those that help advance global solutions. Relationships matter…and we put our mission into action by:
- Developing educational programs for foreign diplomats in Washington, DC and throughout the U.S.
- Hosting foreign exchanges to provide insight and advance appreciation for cultures and national priorities.
- Convening strategic dialogues that highlight innovations and share best practices in key sectors.
With more than 170 nations represented by foreign embassies in Washington, DC, the genesis of our effort is well-placed. Our goals are as follows:
- Serve as a resource for foreign embassies in the U.S., increasing their nations’ reach, and accelerating connections.
- Educate SMEs and entrepreneurs on foreign markets and stimulate global partnerships.
- Develop online resources and leverage social media to improve access to information and promote cross-cultural competency.